On Wednesday, October 10, CU will host the CU Innovations Breakfast (part of the Boulder Chamber of Commerce ESPRIT Entrepreneur celebration). This event features some of the University of Colorado's most exciting new technology companies. Learn about what's going on in the Boulder Valley and what's to come in terms of entrepreneurial opportunities flowing from the University of Colorado.
Breakfast is included in the admission price, and there will be an opportunity for networking afterward, with the presenters, CU technology transfer staff, and other members of the Boulder entrepreneurial community. Presenting companies include:
- Gogy, Inc. markets an online platform (developed at the Leeds School of Business) transforms ordinary lectures and presentations into interactive discussions, creating a more collaborative learning environment that lasts far beyond the physical classroom experience.
- Water Purification Membranes is a new company developing CU-Boulder research into new membrane materials that combine the best filtering characteristics of both reverse osmosis (RO) membranes and nanofiltration techniques.
- Snowgate LLC is a technology-driven ski rack and locker system that allows guests to secure their belongings and equipment in one unique product offering. SnowGate won the undergraduate business plan competition at the Leeds School of Business, and the student team has spent a year since graduation turning the plan into a reality.
- REbound Technology develops distributed energy systems to help industrial and commercial electricity consumers avoid peak rate purchases from utilities. REbound took third place in the campus-wide CU New Venture Challenge and also competed in the CU Cleantech New Venture Challenge (part of the National Clean Energy Business Plan Competition).
- Nanoly is developing a novel platform to stabilize and protect vaccines without requiring refrigeration. This technology could enable safer and easier immunization access to anywhere in the world, especially in hard to reach areas.